One thing that brought me and my man together is the love for outdoor activities. I think a Bug Out Bag would be a perfect give for him. Not for Christmas but for our anniversary next month.
This holiday season think outside-the-box and give the men in your life something other than a tie, fishing pole, or other equally dissatisfying object. Use your imagination to give the type of gift that the receiver will actually use and appreciate.
Here are some unusual gifts for him that he’ll really love and would never think of buying himself:
- Go Bag/Bug Out Bag – This item should be in every home in the world. A quick grab and go bag with emergency items like a strong flashlight with extra batteries, evacuation maps, an address book full of current addresses and phone numbers of everyone you care about, a recent photo of each member of your immediate family for identification purposes, a packet with birth certificates, green cards, driver licenses, passports, lists of all medications each family member is currently taking and a brief medical history (make photo copies of the originals, front and back, if duplicates are unavailable). Grab the go bag and your wallet, meds, and your kids and you are ready to exit in any crisis.
- HIMALAYAN SALT TEQUILA GLASSES SET - Impress him with your extraordinary taste and your skill at finding him the must-have item of the season with this set of 4 shot glasses carved out of high quality, food grade Himalayan pink salt. A supple salty taste with each sip of Tequila will be a delight. Cups are naturally anti-bacterial and will last a long time (Dry out glasses after use to extend their lives.).
- Own a Plot of Land in Ireland - His own tiny bit of land, one square foot, in rural Ireland. It’s not enough to build a house, but is enough to give him bragging rights by owning a bit of the “ol’ sod”. This is a great gift to give to men of all ages.
- Skatecycle Brooklyn Workshop, Inc. – The more athletic men in your life will love to ride a skateboard right out of science fiction, the Freerider Skatecycle. Float along on you Skatecyle by slipping your foot into the center of the hubless wheels and then twist yourself forward without touching the ground. Folds in half for easy transporting and storage.
- Numark IDJ Live DJ Software Controller for iPad, iPhone or iPod - Turn your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad into your DJ set up to mix and scratch your music, and use music that is already on your system with Algoiddim’s djay or other Core MIDI-enabled apps to entertain at parties, events or clubs. It has two large performance platters and a central mixer section with a crossfader, buttons, and knobs.
- Snolo Stealth-X Sled - Just out this ultra-modern, carbon-fiber beauty from the New Zealand will impress everyone who sees you zooming down a snow covered hill. This adult sled will fill your need for speed with its light weight maneuvering down the slope and easy breakdown to carry back for your next trip.
These unusual gifts are sure to be a hit with the men in your life and let your sister-in-law gift the bacon tie or golf balls this year.
Incoming search terms:
- genxfinance com 10-unique-christmas-gifts-for-men
- gifts for men finance
- Gifts for Men in Finance
- unique christmas gift for men
Filed Under: saving money
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. She contributes to many different personal finance blogs.
Wow, a plot in Ireland. I wouldn't have thought of that. Well, Christmas is over but it doesn't mean that we can’t give something for the men in our lives right? My guy loves to cook so maybe I'll get him an electric smoker. Ooh, or maybe the Art of Shaving kit. That's more affordable.
Some of these gifts are unique indeed. But I can't imagine my dad being a DJ though. Haha. I bought him a bug out bag once... Put a smile on my ol' man's face... That was priceless.