Retailmenot and Couponcabin are also some good sites where you can get these coupons for your online and in-store use.
Saving Money With Coupons is Easy if You Know Where to Look
Let’s face it. We could all stand to have a little more money in the bank. Grocery shopping, although necessary, can be a big budget buster. Without careful planning, a trip to pick up “essentials” can wind up costing a small fortune. Rather than continue down a destructive path of spending, many people turn to couponing as a way to stretch their money and pick up everyday household items for a fraction of their retail costs.
So, how does someone with no experience clipping coupons get started? It really is quite simple. There are a number of sources where you can find your fair share of savings on a weekly basis. The real key is to only clip coupons for items you actually need. If you end up just clipping coupons for the sake of clipping them you may find that you’re buying stuff just because you can get a discount and not because you really need it. The following list of seven places will provide you with enough ammunition to fuel your coupon arsenal for some time.
- The Sunday Newspaper. Subscribing to the paper is well-worth the savings it will bestow unto you. On any given Sunday, there can be up to four inserts in a single paper which can amount to hundreds of dollars worth of savings for you.
- SmartSource.com. By entering your zip code, you can access dozens of printable coupons for grocery items, diapers, toiletries, restaurants, and more.
- RedPlum. Similar to SmartSource, you can peruse pages of digital coupons, check the ones that you want to print, and use them in the same manner as manufacturer’s coupons at mass merchant retailers, grocery stores, and drug stores.
- Upromise. Extending savings to online retailers is easy with the site’s large database of discount coupon codes. Save bundles while shopping at your favorite stores on the net. Upromise is update regularly so make sure to check back often.
- CVS. In addition to offering instant rebates through their Extra Bucks program, the company’s website has printable coupons that can be used to get items deeply discounted and even for free.
- Walgreens. The company recently introduced its Register Rewards which is similar to CVS’s Extra Bucks. Customers can use these coupons like cash and even pair them up with manufacturer’s coupons printed from Walgreen’s website for additional savings.
- eBay. Although it is illegal to sell coupons, you can buy multiples from members who charge you for the time spent clipping them. This is a great way to stock up on your favorite brands during a big sale.
Coupons bring down the cost of sale items even further. Refer to your favorite store’s weekly advertisement and plan your trip accordingly. Many die-hard coupon clippers keep an organizer on them at all times just in case they run across unannounced sale items. This increases their chances of getting a bargain and gives them the opportunity to stockpile the items that their households use most often.
Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer for ChickSpeak, Buzzine, DisFUNKshion Magazine, Student Stuff, and a guest contributor for Wisebread. She loves thrift related topics and can spot a bargain a mile away.
Incoming search terms:
- coupon resources
- finding coupons
- coupon shopping
- coupon shopping image
- coupons for thegreatsources com
- finance money insurance currency gadgets household discount guest blog
- manufacturer coupon resources
Don't Miss: Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: saving money
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. She contributes to many different personal finance blogs.
I agree that using coupons can really stretch money. It can also make a night out much less expensive.
Another source of coupons is the back of the yellow pages. I don't actually use the yellow pages for anything except to pull some coupons out of the back and then recycle the book. I've gotten some great restaurant coupons this way.
More importantly, after you clip/print your coupons make sure you store them in a place where you can easily access them.