So you have all the characteristics of an entrepreneur and you are determined to start your own business if it kills you. You take a lot of time in writing a business plan that will blow people away. Now comes to the money part of it. You have rulled out bootstrapping your startup and you need money now. Depending on what is is you are doing, crowdfunding might be your next step.
Crowdfunding is a popular way to get the word out about your project’s financial needs. Through a number of different crowdfunding websites, you can share details about what you’re up to, give donors an idea of exactly how much you need in the way of funding, and even offer sample products and services as thank you gifts to backers as a way of thanking them for their support. Which Websites Are Best for Raising Funds? Here is a list of the best crowdfunding sites where crowdfunding prevails:
- Kickstarter. A valuable resource for projects small and large, Kickstarter provides people with a place to gain support for their films, games, music, artwork, design projects, software, and inventions. Since 2009, more than 3.9 million people have pledged over $575 million dollars and funded over 39,000 creative projects. Creators work directly with backers to make their projects come to life. Best of all, you keep 100% ownership of your work. That means you profit from your efforts long after your idea takes shape.
- IndieGoGo. With a mission of getting your passion funded, is it any wonder that IndieGoGo remains a favorite source for crowdfunding creative projects? Founded in 2007, it has seen thousands of campaigns funded, millions of dollars raised, and a whole lot of new businesses being born.
- Crowdit. Dreamers announce their project and Believers pledge support so that projects come into fruition. The process of getting funded is easy. Simply submit your project to Crowdit, use their tools to revolutionize your fundraising efforts, and enjoy the supportive atmosphere of the website’s community. The founders of Crowdit want to “break down the barriers of creativity and entrepreneurship” and we feel like they’re doing just that it with their popular crowdfunding website.
- RocketHub. Crowdfund through RocketHub and you’ll experience the following list of benefits according to the company’s website:
- Free to launch and no upfront barriers
- Keep the funds you raise (not an ‘all or nothing’ model)
- Fastest payout, lower fees
- Latest industry news
- Opportunity for broad exposure on A&E
- Potential to have A&E as your funder – significant funds allocated to RocketHub projects
- International access
- Unique, simple crowdfunding education – curriculum and tools
- Most diverse community – art, science, business, and social good
Signing up for an account is fast and free so what are you waiting for? Get people to donate and help fund your dream right away. Television network A&E is one of the company’s partners. They offer their own resources for entrepreneurs. Receive funding and support for whatever it is that inspires you. Write that book about budget travel, pay for the app you want to develop or raise knowledge about a cause that’s worth fighting for. Choose the crowdfunding website that best meets your needs and put your social media skills to use promoting your project. Your dream is only as big as you make it. You can raise funds in a revolutionary way through websites like Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, Crowdit, and Rockethub.
Have any of you had experience with any of these crowdfunding website?
Charissa is into frugal living and saving money.