When it comes to online colleges, not all are created equally. Many schools and universities are unaccredited which means that their degrees and other qualifications are not accepted by some employers. If you want to find a civil service job, you will need to attend an accredited online college.
Employers will look at the school listed on your resume and they may even ask questions about your education during the interview process. There’s nothing worse than going to college only to learn that your degree won’t help you land a job.
Here are five things to look for when choosing online colleges. Not only will these qualifications help narrow your search for the perfect school, they will also give you a better idea of what employers look for in regards to education. The five you need to focus on include:
- Accreditation. Is the online college you’re considering accredited? Will your degree or certificate be considered legit by prospective employers? Are you able to transfer credits or satisfy additional degree requirements with the online classes that you are taking?
- Student Reviews and Satisfaction. What do current and past students think about the college? How did they rate their experience? Would they recommend the online school to their friends and family members?
- Independent Rankings. How does the college rank when compared to other schools in the area? How does it rate to other online colleges?
- Teacher Ratings. Are the professors knowledgeable? Are they easy to reach and supportive? Do they offer help outside of normal classroom hours?
- Cost. What does each class cost? How does it compare to your local college or university? Are there additional fees for taking courses online?
Attending an online college these days can be extremely beneficial. It allows working men and women to further their education without impeding on their personal or professional lives. Many parents appreciate being able to take classes while raising their families. If this sounds like you, make sure that you do your homework before enrolling in an online college or university. Like everything else in your life, you want to get the most bang from your educational buck.
greats tips on how to find a good online colleges.. I too prefer online colleges because it provides wide range of degree to choose from..
my buddy's ex-wife makes $88 every hour on the computer. She has been without work for seven months but last month her paycheck was $20148 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more here http://lazycash23.com