Some crazy ideas - but I might give the blood donation of buying beer and cigarettes thing a try. Those are beneficial to the greater good, so it wouldn't seem AS crazy haha.
Ok, that’s it. There’s hardly nothing I won’t do to make a buck. That is if it’s legal and moral. Let me rephrase that statement. There’s nothing that I won’t do within reason to make a buck. I’ve been known to sign up for studies and surveys and clinical trials. I’ve been a merchandiser and a secret shopper. I’ve sold stuff on eBay, Amazon, and Etsy. I’ve even been known to dumpster dive and put my finds on Craigslist.
I’m always on the lookout for non-traditional ways of making money. The one thing that I know is that plenty of opportunities exist as long as you keep an open mind. Here are five absolutely insane ways to make money.
- Sell your hair. If you have long hair that hasn’t been chemically treated, there are a number of places online where you can sell your tresses. Human hair can go for thousands of dollars so before your hairdresser sweeps that floor, ask them if they’ll carefully set your hair aside so you can take it home with you.
- Sell your blood plasma. Blood plasma is a necessity. Clinics are willing to pay premium prices for your donations. If you’re looking to make a quick buck, it’s worth seeing if any of these types of centers exist in your city.
- Buy beer and cigarettes. Age compliance shops are prevalent. The point is to get a business to card you before selling you alcohol and tobacco. Companies pay big money for this type of research. They want to make sure that their employees are asking for ID each and every time someone comes in to buy beer or cigarettes.
- Be a test subject. Clinical research studies can provide you with extra income. If you qualify for a study, you are often compensated for your time and participation. Keep in mind that clinical research studies do have their negatives. Do your research before volunteering to test an experimental drug or procedure.
- Wrap your car in advertisements. Drive around town promoting your favorite products and services. Car wrapping is a legitimate source of income. If you qualify, you’ll receive a monthly stipend and all you have to do is gas your car or truck up and go. Now, how cool is that?
For more weird and wacky ways to make money, pick up a copy of 101 Weird Ways to Make Money: Cricket Farming, Repossessing Cars, and Other Jobs With Big Upside and Not Much Competition by Steve Gillman. You’re sure to find inspiration in the pages of that book. I know I have!
Incoming search terms:
- non traditional ways to make money
- unique ways to make money
- nontraditional ways to make money
- non traditional ways of making money
- untraditional ways to make money
- unique way to make money
- unique make money
- Non-Traditional Ways to Make Money
- non-clinical ways of making money
- unusual ways to make big money fast
Filed Under: Personal Finance
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. She contributes to many different personal finance blogs.