Books are a great way to escape from the doldrums of everyday living. Contained within the pages of the latest bestseller or literary classic is a world completely unlike your own. Each turn of the page offers insight into another person’s life, interests, successes, disappointments, and routine. No matter what your circumstance may be, books can provide you with answers as well as a source of entertainment.
Even if reading is not your thing, there is probably at least one bookworm in your life. Instead of purchasing another generic present for a special occasion or holiday, why not consult this list for inspiration and give book gifts instead? From the latest electronic gadget to the hottest accessories on the web, there are a number of gifts for people who love books for sale online.
Here are a few items to check out:
- Electronic Book Readers. From Amazon’s Kindle DX with Global Wireless ($489) to Barnes and Noble’s Nook ($259) and Sony’s Reader Pocket Edition ($199), there is an electronic book reader to fit a person’s needs. The latest bestsellers, the hottest magazines, and most informative newspapers can be downloaded to the devices which weigh a few pounds each and can be transported from one location to the next with very little effort.
- Mighty Bright Book Lights. Available in a variety of colors, the MightyBright XtraFlex2 Book Light ($16.99) is compact yet effective. Although it may occasionally need a new battery, the bright LED never needs replacing. The device’s sleek design makes it easy to carry in a purse or pocket and the secure clip attached to the base of the book light makes it work well with maps, books, and magazines.
- PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God by Frank Warren. Intended for a mature audience, PostSecret books ($21.99-28.99) are self-indulgent, intriguing, and often times liberating. Containing hundreds of pages of postcard scrawled secrets sent in by readers and fans alike, the latest edition put out by Warren does little to disappoint.
- Librarian Pin. Great for any real or aspiring Librarian, this classic pin resembles the type worn by bibliophiles worldwide ($10). Affixed to a frumpy cardigan, the accessory becomes that much more humorous and authentic.
- Noonie’s Masterpiece by Lisa Railsback and illustrated by Sarajo Frieden. An upcoming release from Chronicle Books ($18.99), the hardback children’s book explores what life feels like for a young artist whose vision doesn’t translate well to others.
Book gifts never go out of style. From the most practical item to the downright bizarre, you can find the perfect present for the book lover on your list effortlessly. Are you a book lover? What kind of gifts do you like to receive? Did we leave anything out?
Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer for ChickSpeak, Buzzine, DisFUNKshion Magazine, Student Stuff, and a guest contributor for Wisebread. She loves thrift related topics and can spot a bargain a mile away.
Incoming search terms:
- gift ideas for people who like to read
- gifts for people who like to read
- gifts for people who love books
- gift ideas for avid readers
- gifts for people who love to read
- gifts for avid readers
- gifts for people who like books
- gift ideas for people who love to read
- gifts for someone who loves books
- gift ideas for people who love books
Don't Miss: Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: Book Reviews
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. She contributes to many different personal finance blogs.