Save Time With These Tips
It’s time to send the kids back to school and with that in mind, there has to be a better way to get out the door in the morning. Missing keys and misplaced permission slips can put a damper on your day and make it difficult for you to get to work on time. By following a few easy tips, you reduce your stress factor and make sure that everyone in your family is ready to greet the day. And remember, time is money. The more time you save, the more free time you’ll have, and that is worth every penny. Especially in today’s fast paced society. Here are a few things that you can do to get out of the house on time:
- Get backpacks, briefcases, and purses ready the night before. Keep these items in a central location by the front door so no one is taken by surprise by not being able to find their belongings. Make sure that everyone has a few dollars inside their bag for emergencies. You never know when your spouse or child will need some extra cash.
- Enlist the help of your children to pack lunches and snacks for the day. Set up a lunch-packing zone that consists of everything you would need to store and transport soups, salads, and sandwiches. Don’t forget to include the proper cutlery and an ice pack to keep everything cold until lunchtime. This one step will save you a lot of money over the course of a year. You can even follow suit by carrying your own brown bag lunch to work. Web MD has a lot of healthy suggestions for adults and children.
- Fill your gas tank over the weekend to prevent problems come Monday. When push comes to shove and you’re down to the wire, you’ll have one last thing getting in your way to making it to work and your children’s school on time. Use a service like GasBuddy to find the cheapest fuel prices in town.
- Get the kids’ outfits for the week ready in advance. Include a plastic bag on every hanger that contains socks, underwear, and accessories like belts and jewelry. You can even do this for yourself and your spouse if you want to. Look for clothing that can be worn multiple ways like the ones featured on Project 333’s site. Not only are they easy to clean, they give you several different options for the price of one garment.
There is no need to waste precious time in the morning. By preparing things the night before, you lessen the chance of the unexpected happening. Take a few moments to think about the week ahead of you come Sunday night. Is there anything out of the ordinary happening? Will school lunch do or will your children need to brown bag it? Do you have any doctor’s appointments to go to or utility companies to call? Once you know what’s going on, you’ll be better equipped to plan for it in advance.
Incoming search terms:
- how to steamline morning schedule
- morning routine for financial professional
Don't Miss: Scottrade Review - $7 Trades and Get 3 Free Credit Scores and Hot Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: Odds and Ends
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. You can read about her adventures by visiting her blog, Confessions of a Closet Coupon Clipper.