As a finance professional and freelance writer I’ve had a number of opportunities to help provide information and commentary for a variety of media outlets. Since one of my primary goals with this site and my writings at About.com has to do with educating people about their finances, I’m always open to helping journalists or reporters with a finance story. I enjoy the opportunity to help spread the word about money issues and would love to help you with your upcoming feature. If you’re looking for a new angle on a story or just want to pick my brain for ideas, don’t hesitate to contact me.
In the Media
- Consumer Reports: Strategies for Savings – I worked with the reporter to help people make the most of their savings.
- Cosmopolitan Magazine: The Smart Chick’s Guide to Living Big on Less, March 2009, pg. 146-149, by Bethany Heitman – Jeremy provides tips and advice for young women to make the most of their money in a tough economy. From saving more to spending less, there are plenty of tips to help every woman become more financially savvy.
- New York Daily News: How You Can Save $20,000 in One Year, by Nicole Pesce, January 28, 2009 – This article appeared in both the print and online editions of the Daily News. Jeremy helps by offering a number of small tips that add up to big savings over time.
- Your Choice Magazine – Strategies to Weather a Bear Market, November, 2008 – Jeremy was asked to provide some insight as to how people can make the most of a bear market. It briefly covers investment allocation, dollar cost averaging, and investing defensively.
- Barron’s: Personal Finance Software Goes Lite, by Mike Hogan, October, 2008 – Generation X Finance is mentioned as a resource to learn more about financial software such as Mint, Wesabe, and Buxfer.
- KUAR FM 89 Radio: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow, by Phil Mariage – Jeremy was featured on this public radio show that discusses topics by incorporating viewpoints from three different generations. This episode covered stocks, bonds, and investing. The link goes to the MP3 of the show.
- PC Magazine: 15 Web Sites for Managing (and Saving) Money, 2008 – Jeremy, Generation X Finance, and the Financial Planning page at About.com are all referenced as one of the best places for Generation X and Y to help manage their finances.
- Nashua Telegraph: So You’ve Got Some Cash Coming Your Way — But What Will You Do With It?, February 2008 – Jeremy was interviewed to help with this story by providing some tips for what people can do with their tax refunds.
In addition to the above, I’ve also contributed to or have been mentioned in a number of other online and traditional publications, such as MSN Money, AOL Money & Finance, USA Today, AARP, US News, and many more. If you’d like to learn more or have questions for an upcoming article you’re working on, please contact me.