We’ve all heard people’s claims that they were able to get rich quick by employing one program or the next. These money making schemes typically involve some sort of enrollment fee and usually involve watching videos or listening audio recordings. Rather than invest all that time and money into learning how to get rich, why not try a few of these offbeat gigs on for size? Not only will you earn money, you’ll also have a whole lot of fun doing it. Here are a few of the most lucrative offbeat ways to make money online:
- Visit theme parks and rate your experience. Coaster lovers can enjoy a day in their favorite park free of charge by writing an honest review of a ride or attraction. I recently did this at both Walt Disney World and Busch Gardens. Theme Park Tourist is one site on the lookout for fresh content and reviews.
- Sell your hair. The Hair Trader allows you to post free ads that contain pictures and descriptions of the hair that you want to sell. Hair should be “virgin” which means that it’s never been chemically treated. You’ll also want to have at least ten inches of it to sell. It is used to make wigs and other types of hairpieces for people all over the world. You can make anywhere from a few hundred bucks to over $1,000 for your hair.
- Participate in a clinical study. A lot of people are leery about taking pills or going on extreme diets. Let me just say this, not all clinical studies are that over-the-top. Rippe Life Institute in Orlando, FL holds studies all the time. They usually involve something like fiber or lactose and pay really well. You do have to follow the directions given to you and be willing to come back to the hospital for the entire duration of the study.
- Mystery shop parking garages and valet services. Reality Based Group is one mystery shopping group that secret shops valet services. Other secret shopping companies have parking garage shops that you can request. Each shop pays a fee and you get to take advantage of free parking services wherever you go.
Thinking outside the box pays off in today’s economy. If you have a wacky way that you’ve been making money and you want to share it with us, please feel free to comment below. We love getting feedback from our readers and who knows, your income booster may become the subject of one of our personal finance articles.
Incoming search terms:
- offbeat ways to make money
- unusual ways to make money
- lucrative ways to make money
- off beat ways to make money
- unthought of ways to make money
- disney world mystery shopping
- who shops disney world mystery shop
- Uncommon Ways to Make Money
- unusual ways making money
- unusual ways of making money toner
Don't Miss: Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: career
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. She contributes to many different personal finance blogs.