Money and Such has tagged me to share seven random things about me. While I don’t usually participate in these, I think that it would be a nice change of pace. I know it can get a bit dry around here with mostly pure finance issues, so I might as well share a few things about me that you may find interesting. So, here we go.
- My favorite band of all time is Soundgarden. There is nothing better than the Badmotorfinger album.
- I really love to play guitar. While I don’t have the time to practice like I used to, I have been playing for about 10 years and it is great to just relax and strum.
- Irish whiskey on the rocks is my drink of choice. Since I’m
cheapfrugal I can’t afford to drink it very often, and when I do it is typically just Jameson or Bushmills.
- I spent about 3 months traveling across Europe. Spent a lot of time exploring England, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, France, and The Netherlands. While very expensive, it was one of the best experiences of my life. I can’t wait to go back.
- I’m a decent golfer. When I was young, I used to play in a junior golf association and I won a few tournaments. In fact, I shot as well or better 12 years ago than I do today. Of course, back then I played everyday, and now I’m lucky to get out more than 5 times a year. I’m about a 6 handicap now, and my best score is a 73.
- I was on the Super Bowl XL Host Committee. This didn’t mean I got to go to the game, but I received a nifty Super Bowl jacket, and I was greeting people arriving to the airport in Detroit. It was not as exciting as I thought it would be, but I can say I was part of the Super Bowl, right?
- When I was in high school, I met a girl online. In fact, she lived in another country (Canada). For a few years I actually drove hundreds of miles to Toronto on the weekend to visit. To this day, I don’t know how or why my parents allowed me to do that. If I had a son or daughter right now, there is no way in hell I’d let them drive even 50 miles to meet someone they met over the internet.
Well, that’s it. Hopefully you found something in that list interesting or intriguing. I know it is customary to “tag” some other people to participate, but this has been going on for a week or two and I honestly don’t know who has or hasn’t already done this. So, I’ll leave it up to you to continue the meme. If you decide to use me as a tagger, just leave a comment here and I’ll make a note in this post reflecting that you have posted your own seven things.
Don't Miss: Scottrade Review - $7 Trades and Get 3 Free Credit Scores and Hot Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: Odds and Ends
About the Author: Jeremy Vohwinkle is a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor® and spent a few years working as a financial planner. Today, he helps people make the most of their money by writing about personal finance here and elsewhere on the web. Jeremy is also Coach at Adaptu and a regular contributor for other publications such as Intuit, and American Express. Be sure to follow Jeremy on Twitter or Google+.