The Complete Book of Baby Bargains by Coupons.com family savings expert and founder of mommysavers.com Kimberly Danger is worth its weight in gold. Consisting of 1,000 tips and practices to help you save money on baby gear, maternity wear, furniture, and more, this book is a must-have resource for any parent wanting to save up to 80% on the things they need for their little ones.
Formatted in a way that is easy to read and understand, Danger gives thoughtful advice on acquiring things for cheap or free, reusing what you may have on hand from prior pregnancies, and making things like wipes and baby food at home.
The book is divided up into twenty-seven chapters and provides information on ways to save money before the baby arrives up until the moment he or she becomes school age. In fact, here are some of the things that are mentioned on the back cover of this comprehensive resource guide:
- The top 10 ways to save before baby arrives
- Brand-name baby clothes at rock-bottom prices
- Insider tips on the best values in baby gear
- Online deals for diapers and wipes
- When to expect big sales and how low they’ll go
- Baby products you can make at home for free
- Creative solutions for baby announcements, maternity wear, nursery furniture, entertainment, toys, storage, and décor
A few of my favorite tips include:
“Cut off the leg holes of a onesie to make a T-shirt that will fit for several months. If it’s cotton it shouldn’t even need hemming.”
“Barter for babysitting. College students may be interested in using your washing machine, borrowing your DVDs, or getting some free meals. Your neighbor may trade for lawn care, pet sitting, etc.”
Available through Sourcebooks and Amazon and priced at $12.99, The Complete Book of Baby Bargains makes a great gift every day of the year. In fact, parents wanting to learn even more ways to save money can visit http://www.mommysavers.com.
A note from Jeremy: I wish I would have come across this book a long time ago. After having our first child just under two years ago there were certainly some things we spent too much money on. We learned from those mistakes and applied it to our second child that was just born a few weeks ago, but there’s so much more in this book that even experienced parents can use.
Incoming search terms:
- baby review book
- baby product review book
- 1 000 best baby bargains kim danger copies
- the baby book deals and reviews
- financial books on how to save with a baby
- books for baby product reviews
- baby products review guide book
- baby gear reviews book
- baby discount rating book
- baby book with many reviews
Don't Miss: Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: Book Reviews
About the Author: Charissa Arsaoui is a freelance writer with a love for thrift. She contributes to many different personal finance blogs.