I'm also giving away two copies of TurboTax Premier Online at my blog. If you didn't win here, stop by the blog at christianfinanceblog.com to enter to win! Deadline is March 26 at 11:59pm EST.
Win a Free Copy of Turbo Tax Premier ($85 value!)
April 15th is rapidly approaching and you only have a few more weeks to file your taxes. I know, taxes aren’t any fun, but we don’t have much of a choice. That being said, Intuit has stepped up to make this year’s taxes a little more enjoyable by providing me with some free TurboTax software to give away. I’m giving away two copies of their popular TurboTax Premier Online Edition which includes both a federal and state return plus e-file! That is an $85 value.
I know you’re excited to enter, but I wanted to provide a little bit of information about the software and what it can do for you. There are a number of different versions of TurboTax available, but Premier will be what you need if you have a rental property or have sold investments in taxable accounts in 2008.
Features of Premier:
- Imports Your Investment Info – Saves time by automatically importing your investment info directly from your financial institution.
- Helps You Accurately Report Investment Sales – Walks you through reporting sales of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Automatically calculates capital gains/losses and tells you how to deduct losses and associated expenses to help you get a bigger refund. Plus it keeps track of capital gains/losses that carry over to future tax returns.
- Determines Your Cost Basis – Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales in three easy steps, so you don’t end up paying more in taxes than you have to.
- Helps with Employee Stock Plans – Guides you through reporting sales and automatically determines your correct basis for selling shares purchased at different times or different prices. Makes it easier to deduct losses, so you can get a bigger refund.
- 401(k) Maximizer – Shows you how to increase your 401(k) contribution without decreasing your take-home pay, so you can save more for the future.
- Helps You Find Every Rental Deduction - Finds over 20 deductions for landlords, from travel to advertising to repairs to insurance, to maximize your tax savings.
- Shows Your Best Rental Depreciation Method – Simplifies reporting rental property depreciation and shows which depreciation method will get you the biggest
- Maximizes Refinancing Deductions – Guides you through deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs, and more so you don’t miss a single chance to save.
- Helps with New Rental Properties – Shows you step by step how to set up new rental properties.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Okay, so TurboTax Premier is pretty nice, but how do you win? It’s really simple and there are three different ways to enter. You may be eligible for up to three entries if you qualify. The deadline is 5 pm EST on Wednesday, March 25. So, here’s what you need to do:
Leave a Comment
Simply leave a comment on this post. Tell me something interesting about yourself, let everyone know why you want to win, or what you love or hate about tax time. If you leave a comment, just make sure you use a valid email address so I can contact you if you’ve won.
I love Twitter. It’s fun to network with others, share interesting links, and it can be a fun outlet for goofing off. There are two different ways to enter via Twitter depending on your follow status. First, if you aren’t already following me, all you have to do is become a follower. Then let me know you’ve started following me by sending an @JeremyVoh message letting me know.
Don’t worry, you can still enter via Twitter if you’re already a follower. In this case, all you have to do is tweet about this contest. To make it easy I’ve provided the text to use below so you can just copy and paste it into your Twitter client. It will also help me search and keep track of entries:
Win a FREE copy of TurboTax Premier! Follow @JeremyVoh and RT – http://tinyurl.com/GenXtax #GenXTT
Subscribe to the Newsletter
I’ve got some big things in store for the upcoming newsletter so you won’t want to miss out. Without giving too much away I’ve provided a little image of the upcoming issue. It’s going to be fun, informative, and provide the information you need to help you make the best decisions possible with your money.
That’s it, so good luck. The rules are simple, but just to clarify some other fine print: You must be a U.S. resident since this is for U.S. taxes, and you must provide a valid email address or Twitter account so that you can be notified in the event you are selected. Entries will be accepted until 5 pm EST on Wednesday, March 25th. I’ll then randomly select two winners from all entry methods later that night and notify the winners.
Incoming search terms:
- rich text like turbotax
- what turbo tax version for landlords?
Don't Miss: Credit Card Deals
Filed Under: Contests
About the Author: Jeremy Vohwinkle is a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor® and spent a few years working as a financial planner. Today, he helps people make the most of their money by writing about personal finance here and elsewhere on the web. Jeremy is also Coach at Adaptu and a regular contributor for other publications such as Intuit, and American Express. Be sure to follow Jeremy on Twitter or Google+.
I've never tried doing my own taxes (always have a CPA do them -- maybe I should try.
Thanks for the giveaway!
I could really use this to file my taxes. I want to file myself using TurboTax and learn a little rather than pay someone to tar all my info and do it for me.
I don't think I should pay any taxes, after busting A** all year the feds give all our money away to the investment banks; at least if I win a free copy of turbotax premier, it will make it a little easier to give my hard earned money to the million no billionare bankers; the rich keep getting richer & the middle class is getting closer to poverty
My mom does my taxes, but every year I learn a little more about what's going on. Confusing at times, but not rocket science (I think). Sadly, we're both procrastinators, so that means we still haven't done our taxes....
I prefer to do my tax by myself, to understand and learn different rules of taxes and thereby preparing and organizing my document throught out year to get maximize deductions.
Thank you for the giveaway
1)Cost of a calculator, pencils, and alot of erasers-$75
2)Cost of doing taxes by myself the last 12 years and missing deductions and tax credits that would have saved me money-$10,000
3)My reaction to recieving a rebate from the IRS because of using Turbo Tax Premiere because my wife buys too many things-priceless
Pick me! I hate April 15 because it means I've got 11 long months before the start of another March Madness.
I've already done my taxes - so maybe this is a bit too late - however, it would be nice to play around with this software.
In my quest towards financial independence I became a first time landlord last year and I have been putting off doing my taxes because I don't really know how to handle all of the rental property tax implications. It sounds like TurboTax Premier Edition is what I need.
Yeah tax time! love to win because doing your own taxes is always the best way to teach yourself how to better organize your financial world, personal budget and oh yeah...the less you pay to prepare your taxes, the less the sting ... (and i just picked up a rental this year so its gonna be more complicated)
yes please. I hate tax time because it reminds me of how much I pay, how much I owe, and how little I get in return.
Hi! I'd love to win because I would much rather do my taxes at home than with the creepy accountant I went to last year... major weirdo! I've subscribed to your blog for several months, thanks so much for the great blog entries and I hope you pick me! :)