In case you didn’t know, I’m also a writer over at About.com. I handle the Financial Planning section and spend a lot of time talking about some of the same financial issues I discuss here. It is a lot of fun and there is an About.com site that covers almost every topic under the sun. Even so, About.com is looking for even more writers to cover some of the niche topics on their site. If you are a freelance writer that has knowledge in one of these available topics you could also be a contributing writer for About.com!
The About.com Contributing Writers program was created to help us cover topics that may not be broad enough for a full GuideSite. Contributing Writers work alongside our Guides, covering specific subtopics that fall within the larger topic areas of our GuideSites. They are responsible for producing a certain amount of content (articles or blog posts) per month on that subtopic. They are not responsible for managing or maintaining a full GuideSite.
About.com is currently evaluating candidates to write on the following topics:
- Playing and Coaching (About Football http://football.about.com)
- Antique Furniture (About Antiques http://antiques.about.com)
- Legal Issues (About Single Parents http://singleparents.about.com)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Scene (About Manhattan http://manhattan.about.com)
- At-Risk Teens (About Teens http://parentingteens.about.com)
- XML (About HTML / Web Design http://webdesign.about.com)
- South Africa Travel (About Africa Travel http://goafrica.about.com)
- Feminism in the 1960s and 1970s (About Women’s History http://womenshistory.about.com)
- Algebra (About Math http://math.about.com)
- Medical/Surgical Information for Patients (About Back and Neck Pain http://backandneck.about.com)
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions or learning more, please email your RESUME and a WRITING SAMPLE — both IN THE BODY OF AN EMAIL — to email@example.com. Please put the topic you’re applying for in the subject line. Keep introductions concise.
So, if you think you have what it takes and would like a little extra freelance work, here’s your chance.
Author: Jeremy Vohwinkle
My name is Jeremy Vohwinkle, and I’ve spent a number of years working in the finance industry providing financial advice to regular investors and those participating in employer-sponsored retirement plans.