Do you gasp in shock every time your optometrist offers you a pair of $300-$400 eyeglasses? Do you have more than one family member needing corrective lenses? If you don’t want to go into debt after every eye exam, you’ll want to pay careful attention to what I’m going to say next. It pays to shop around. In fact, anyone on a budget knows that there are some incredible deals to be had by ordering your prescription eyeglasses online.
Here are five places where you can find significantly discounted glasses. You’ll need a copy of your most recent eye exam and a credit card to order them with. It’s also helpful if you like their Facebook pages because that’s where you’ll find coupon codes, free shipping offers, and other opportunities for savings.
- Zenni Optical. Frames and lenses available for $6.95 and up. All glasses include an anti-scratch coating, free thin and light 1.57 index Single Vision Lens, free full UV protection, free protective case, and free microfiber cleaning cloth.
- Coastal. Use the code FIRSTPAIRFREE throughout the month of February to get your first pair of glasses free. All orders over $50 get free shipping.
- 39 Dollar Glasses. Men, Women, and Children’s styles for $39. Like Zenni Optical, the company offers a free case and cleaning cloth.
- Eye Buy Direct. Stylish glasses for as little as $6.95 with free shipping.
- Select Specs. Prescription eyeglasses as low as $10. Styles available for Men and Women. Sunglasses and accessories available as well.
No matter what your style or prescription may be you’ll find a wide range of eyeglasses by visiting these five websites. Take advantage of special offers and make use of coupons to keep your eyecare needs under control this year.
To see if you and your family qualify for free eye exams, visit Vision USA. Income requirements and information about program eligibility is available on the organization’s website. Other companies to check out include LensCrafters and PearleVision. They offer significantly discounted eye exams.
Charissa is into frugal living and saving money.