Save Money by Dining Where Kids Eat Free
Today’s budget conscious family has made their fair share of financially sound decisions to save money. From buying secondhand to growing their own backyard gardens, parents with multiple children take it upon themselves to cut back on unnecessary spending by doing almost anything. With so many mouths to feed, the thought of going out to dinner seems ridiculous and costly and viewed as a special treat. It doesn’t have to be, though!
We’ve talked about getting free things for your birthday, but there are even more freebies out there ready for the taking. Especially when it comes to kids. From pancakes to pasta, your little ones can get their fill without breaking the bank.
The following list of restaurants let kids eat free on certain nights of the week:
- Applebees – Mondays will get you one free Kid’s Meal for each adult entrée purchased. Additional kids are $1.00 each. Children have their choice of chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese or a cheeseburger.
- CiCi’s Pizza – Children under the age of 3 eat from the buffet free every night of the week. Other locations offer older children complimentary meals throughout the year so visit the website often for details. CiCi’s has a salad bar, pasta, numerous pizza toppings, and dessert.
- IHOP – Kids 12 and under can enjoy a free menu item from 4 to 8 pm daily with each adult entrée purchased. Menu options include pancakes, French Toast, omelets, fish, fresh fruit, chicken fingers, and grilled cheese. This offer is limited to certain locations. It is always best to ask the waiter or waitress if the restaurant participates before ordering.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – Get a free kid’s taco, burrito or quesadilla with every adult entrée purchased on a Monday. Don’t forget to load up on free chips and salsa. They are included with every order!
- Red Robin – From 5 to 9 pm on Mondays and Tuesday, kids under the age of 10 can feast on spaghetti, corn dogs, pizza, pasta, and burgers. This offer is only good at franchise owned locations.
- Texas Roadhouse – Kids aged 12 and under can enjoy a free entrée, side, and drink on Mondays and Tuesdays (depending on location). Menu items include hot dogs, cheeseburgers, sirloin bites, chicken critters, and macaroni and cheese.
The website MyKidsEatFree.com has region specific restaurants that offer free or reduced priced meals for children. A handy search option allows users to view listings for each of the 50 states as well as cities in Canada. There is also a special section dedicated to popular tourist destinations. The website provides hundreds of places that can help stretch your vacation dollars.
A night on the town shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Choose the restaurants listed here and get more use out of your hard-earned dollar. Your kids will appreciate the gesture and your wallet will thank you too. We can all use an occasional night out of the house and away from the kitchen.
Charissa is into frugal living and saving money.