It looks like another round of tagging is going around and Tricia over at Blogging Away Debt has tagged me to let the world know of my five obsessions. So here are my five obsessions in no particular order:
- My Lawn – Whether it is mowing, fertilizing or raking the leaves I have to be doing something with the lawn. When we moved in the lawn was in disrepair. We live in a heavily wooded old oak forest type setting so years of neglect from picking up leaves and debris had almost ruined the 1/3 acre of lawn. After some hard work we now have a lawn that receives continuous compliments.
- Site Stats – I think this is a common trait among blog owners. I don’t know why but I have to constantly check various stats. It doesn’t serve much purpose on such a frequent basis but I do it anyway.
- Golf -I was introduced to golf when I was 10 years old by my father. From there I went on to join a junior golf association and won a few tournaments. Unfortunately our high school was quite small and didn’t have a golf program at the time so when I was too old for junior golf I didn’t have many competitive opportunities. Now it is a matter of time and money but I still try to get on the course as much as possible. If I can’t play I watch golf on TV, I play fantasy golf online and Tiger Woods on Xbox 360.
- Cooking – If I could do anything else I would be satisfied to just be a chef. The food network is on almost non-stop here at the house. We generally cook a full meal every day and rarely ever go out to eat or buy prepared meals. If I had to pick my favorite type of cooking it would have to be anything on the grill.
- The Weather – I am obsessed with the weather plain and simple. Primarily I enjoy severe weather and thunderstorms, but I love any sort of abnormal weather event. I actually get excited when they are predicting dangerous weather. Early this year I went on to become a Skywarn severe weather spotter so I could at least put my obsession to good use and potentially help the National Weather Service with public safety concerns. One of these years I plan on taking a trip out to Oklahoma or somewhere around there to do some real tornado chasing.
So, now it is up to me to tag five other people to share their obsessions. I am going to go ahead and tag Money Smart Life, Lazy Man and Money, The Digerati Life, Money, Matter and More Musings and the Sun’s Financial Diary.
Author: Jeremy Vohwinkle
My name is Jeremy Vohwinkle, and I’ve spent a number of years working in the finance industry providing financial advice to regular investors and those participating in employer-sponsored retirement plans.